The little church of St Mary was built in 1875 by Sir Thomas Riddell, Bart, close by his house, Horsley Hall, (now the Sunart Hotel) facing Loch Sunart. It seems there were few local Episcopalians at the time but it is interesting to note that, when the new school buildings were opened in 1876, a Miss Noble from the Episcopal Training College in Edinburgh was appointed as assistant teacher and sewing mistress.
By the 1960’s the church had not been used for some time and required numerous repairs. In the meantime the Church of Scotland had generously given permission for the Episcopal Church to hold occasional communion services in their building. When the Bishop, in 1966, decided to organise services in the Ardnamurchan peninsula on a regular basis, this arrangement continued. St Mary’s Church was sold in 1979 and converted into a private house.
The congregation joined with that of St Finan’s, Kinlochmoidart, in 1972 and, since then, worship has continued in the two centres.